Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Adventure Begins. . .Almost

Hi All!
I am excited to begin a blog that will go through my adventures in Ghana. I think that this will be the easiest way for me to stay in contact with all the people I love the most. Please please send me posts and give me updates on what is happening in your lives.
I am not yet in Ghana, I leave on Wednesday and will be gone until May 15. I just want to share a little about what I will be doing and why I am doing it.
I am going to be in Kumasi Ghana, a city about three hours inland from Accra (the capital). I will be an intern with the Church Employment Services teaching workshops on how to get a job, keep a job, and build small businesses. This is such an important program because it teaches people how to be self sufficient. Not only that but the workshops are incredible! They have already changed my life, if you ever get a chance--no matter what your station in life--take the career workshop. It is free and the principles taught are absolutely amazing.
12 of us interns just spent a week in SLC getting trained by people from the Church Office Building, it was an amazing experience and I have gained such a testimony of the love Heavenly Father has for us. He not only cares about our spiritual nature, but our temporal as well this is truly an inspired plan.
Kumasi, Ghana has some amazing sights. I can't wait to see them. I have found a few pics online to show a little of what I can possibly expect. (It will probably be totally different than all that though!)
As soon as I find out more and have more pics I promise to post them. Please keep in contact and remember everything we do in life affects the individuals--how many people are you going to influence?

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

I am so excited to hear about your adventures! Yeah!

Tara Shirley said...

Good luck and be safe! Can't wait to see pics and hear stories!!

Unknown said...

Hey girl! Sorry it has taken me so long to write you...I am getting married in a few weeks...j/k Nothing to much here in Vegas, just been busy with work and testing for the Police Department and still looking for a house. hope to hear from you soon!