Monday, February 11, 2008

In a house!

Alright I have not updated in awhile, sorry about that, things have been a little crazy. But the best news thus far is we finally have a place to live! After looking at a few places that made us want to cry (because they were so bad, lots of critters living in them), and a couple of places that we could make do if we had to, we finally found an amazing house! A church member called in a favor and a family who lives in Canada but has a house here is letting us rent a couple of rooms in the house.
It is a pretty amazing set-up, better than we could have ever hoped for. The house is huge, our rooms even have air conditioners! And there is even a washer and dryer--that is unheard of. There are only two catches, 1. it is in the middle of nowhere and 2. there is no water. So we get to walk 20 minutes down a dirt road everyday to get to the main road (which isn't bad except for the dust, heat, humidity, and all the little kids who run after us calling us obrunies--white ladies), and we get to bucket bath. I don't really mind bucket bathing I did it for a year in the Philippines and it brings back fond memories.
The other day as I was looking at my pile of dirty clothes decided I would "make" the washer work. So I figured out a way to pour buckets of water into it through the soap drawer and. . . I did it! I had clean clothes! It was an amazing momentous day, I can't remember a happier time than right then when I realized that I was not going to have to wash 15 sets of underwear by hand. It was amazing, to say the least.
Our classes have been going great, in fact this last week we had so many people that we had to divide it into two groups--that is pretty incredible. I have to run now but I will update in a day or two with pictures! Love you all. . .

1 comment:

Linda said...

i couldn't do that. I'd have to live in somekind of palace type thing and sell out. but don't judge me.